This is a promising first step, and we hope that the federal government will follow their lead. If no one takes action now, the only polar bears we’ll see in the future will be on our $2 coins, says Dr. Faisal Moola, the Director of Science for the David Suzuki Foundation.
For more information about this quote and story, contact the David Suzuki Foundation – http://www.davidsuzuki.org
- Feds studying economic benefit of polar bears (theglobeandmail.com)
- Feds putting price tag on ‘iconic’ polar bears (ctv.ca)
- How much is a polar bear worth? (thestar.com)
- Punch in nose saves man from polar bear (cbc.ca)
- Canada calculating polar bear’s value (cbc.ca)