Contribute to the ongoing inventory of Canada’s species by downloading iNaturalist.ca and uploading your observations!
It’s “citizen science: that’s fun, educational and impactful.iNaturalist.ca
Key features of the app (available for Android and iOS devices):
• Discover species new to you both near and far
• Record your own observations and share them with the community
• Receive suggestions and crowdsourced identifications of what you’ve seen
• Discuss and help others identify what they’ve seen
• Follow projects comprised of smaller communities and fellow citizen scientists passionate about a particular place and/or species
Below is a video on how to upload your observations:
As of September 20, 2020, iNaturalist has more than 50 million records of wild biodiversity with photos or sounds to allow verification by the community. Read more about this milestone.
Check out this video of a young scientist using iNaturalist in the field (via The Wild Report):
Have you used the iNaturalist app? Let us know what you think!