From our old stomping grounds….
Each year, Waterloo publishes a summary of the actions that students, staff and faculty have taken across campus to reduce our environmental impact. From new research projects to student events to ongoing changes to policy and practice, it is inspiring to see the dedication and involvement of so many people in our University community.
The report also describes our performance in areas such as climate change, waste management, curriculum development and more.
Highlights from 2016 include:
• Further integrations into curriculum and research;
• Continued decrease in the carbon emissions intensity of the campus;
• Greater detail on Waterloo’s waste diversion rate;
• Launch and strong participation in Waterloo’s Green Office program;
• Encouraging feedback for additional action from a campus-wide sustainability survey.