Duties and Responsibilities:
• Helping to implement the CRSA’s habitat restoration plan for Aucoin Brook – for example, build and perform maintenance on in-stream structures, remove blockages and barriers;
• Assisting with ecological monitoring and data collection – for example, measurements of stream width, data on water quality parameters;
• Assisting with visual surveying of Aucoin Brook – for example, identify blockages/barriers and sites of erosion;
• Helping to prepare for and participate in public outreach and education activities – for example, creating and delivering presentations, helping lead guided walks of Aucoin Brook;
• Performing occasional office work – for example, helping with updating website.
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada;
• Must be between the ages of 15 and 30;
• Must be a full-time student and intending to return to school in Fall 2015;
• Is not a member of immediate family of community partner;
• Have an aptitude for safe work practices and the ability to multi-task in a busy work environment;
• Be able to work productively as part of a team while responding to feedback;
• Demonstrates interest in future employment in the environmental or ‘green’ sector is considered an asset;
• Must be willing to work outdoors, occasionally in adverse conditions (e.g., rain, uneven terrain in brooks, insects);
• Must be comfortable with performing some physically demanding work (e.g., moving rocks, driving stakes), as well as a variety of other tasks (e.g., assisting with data collection);
• Is passionate about the natural environment and the conservation of Atlantic salmon.
If you are interested in this position please submit your cover letter and resume, merged into one document, via email to Morgan Book, firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2015. When applying for this NSYCC Summer Student Intern position please identify the position title and community partner listed above in either your cover letter or resume.