Are you a non-profit group working in your community to help make British Columbia more sustainable?
With BC Hydro’s Community Champions program, you could win $10,000 for your initiative by simply explaining what you do in a short YouTube video.
Submit Your Nomination Video by September 30
Create a video, no longer than three minutes, to nominate yourself as a Community Champions, and upload it to YouTube. Send BC Hydro the link and a submission form by September 30 and you could be chosen as a finalist. Use your smart phone or digi-cam or even a video slide show with voice over can work as a submission.
Between October 15 and November 15, finalist videos will be featured on the Community Champions site and 5 winners will be determined by public voting and a panel of BC Hydro judges.
Making A Great Nomination Video
Non-profit organizations submitting videos to the BC Hydro Community Champions program have a great opportunity to show how they’re doing great things for British Columbia and highlight their initiative. Here are some tips to get noticed:
- Communicate what your organization does for sustainability
- Show how a donation could help your organization continue with the work it does
- Share any challenges the organization is faced with
- Remember not to use copyrighted material and to ensure everyone in the video has signed a release
Find out more and learn how to submit your video by clicking here.
To make sure your organization makes the cut, here’s what they’re looking for in the video submissions:
- How your organization contributes to sustainability. Make sure you describe how your organization and project contributes to sustainability and the environment.
- An energy or electricity focus: Does your project or organization support energy conservation and energy efficiency? This should be clearly communicated in your video.
- Supporting the community: It’s not called Community Champions for nothing! Share how your organization supports and benefits your local community.
- Quality of your video: Make sure your video clearly identifies your organization and what you do.
- Youth and school engagement: Your video should explain how your organization engages youth and schools.