Transport Futures: Goods Movement & Mobility Pricing Forum
May 31, 2012 – 8:30am to 5:00pm
Metropolitan Hotel, Toronto, Ontario
It is a huge understatement to say that the goods movement sector is vital to Ontario’s economy. Without trucks, trains, ships, planes, vans, buses, cars, bikes, and foot messengers, we wouldn’t have the products and services we need to survive and prosper. But inadequate infrastructure, increasing traffic congestion, fuel costs and hours on the road threatens economic competitiveness, provincial investment opportunities and our quality of life. How would reasonable road tolls, fuel taxes and parking fees positively or negatively affect the freight industry? Join us to learn from, debate and generate new mobility pricing strategies with our international and Canadian freight experts:
· Ian Parry, International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC, USA
· Andreas Kossak, Kossak Research & Consulting, Hamburg, Germany
· José Holguin-Veras, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Albany, NY, USA
· Lisa Salsberg, Metrolinx, Toronto, ON
· Robin Lindsey, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
· Stephen Laskowski, Ontario Trucking Association, Toronto, ON
· Wayne Scott, HOOF&CYCLE Courier Coalition, Toronto, ON
· John Dolbec, TransHub Ontario, Hamilton, ON
· David Turnbull, Canadian Courier and Logistics Association, Toronto, ON
Register today at www.transportfutures.ca/goods
. Early bird rates until May 4, 2012.
For further info, please email email@example.com.