Participants will learn about habitat enhancement for wetland and grassland species, including how to:
- Restore groundwater wetlands
- Identify and remove invasive plants
- Control soil erosion
- Select and plant native species
- Monitor groundwater levels
This project is recommended for individuals, groups, volunteers, first nations, government employees or others wishing to restore a wetland or who are involved in similar projects and programs.
Register at www.bcwf.bc.ca.
The BC Wildlife Federation recognizes the Habitat Conservation Trust Foundation and anglers, hunters, trappers and guides who contribute to the Trust, for making a significant financial contribution to support the Restoration Workshop. Without such support, this project would not have been possible.
- Artists Turn Taiwan Wetland Into Ecofriendly Gallery (treehugger.com)
- Poor Water Management, Increased Salt Production Threaten Flamingo Boom in Central Turkey (treehugger.com)
- Cargill’s Plans to Pave Over Wetlands Gets Residents Riled Up (treehugger.com)
- Protecting the Sacred Wakarusa Wetlands in Lawrence, Kansas from Highway Construction (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- Wetlands and Water Allocation: U.S. Policy (environmentalleader.com)