The 2nd Annual Wild Blueberry Festival is set to kick off at Evergreen Brick Works this Saturday August 20.
The event will feature a full day (8am-4pm) of free family activities—everything from delicious wild blueberry samples, and hands-on cooking and preserving workshops, to a Blueberry Pie Bake-Off.
If you want to sign up to have your own homemade blueberry pie judged in the competition, you can register here!
- A wild blueberry feast at the Farmers’ Market with 14 different vendors offering wild blueberry treats.
- Tasty wild blueberry dishes from chef Brad Long at Café Belong, with guest chef Charlotte Langley of Whalesbone Oyster House, Ottawa.
- A Blueberry Pie Bake-Off with celebrity judges and fabulous prizes.
- A variety of children’s activities including: a hands-on children’s baking workshop with Bettina Schormann, pastry chef and co-author of Earth to Table, plus tie-dyeing and face-painting.
- Wild blueberry garden talk with grower Laura Sabourin from Feast of Fields farm, highlighting the nutritional benefits of blueberries and how to manage a harvest.
- Book signing for Earth to Table by chef and co-authors Jeff Crump and Bettina Schormann.
- “Preserving The Wild” community preserving workshop, led by Voula Halliday and presented by Slow Food Toronto in partnership with Bernardin Home Canning.
- Live music from The Starfires, and Samantha Clayton & Bernard Dionne.
- Fifth Annual Picnic at the Brick Works – October 2 (thegreenpages.ca)