Project AWARE, an ocean conservation organization, has launched a Global Scavenger Hunt (http://www.projectaware.org/project/hunt).
We’re encouraging divers to play the game for their chance to win great prizes and to make a positive environmental impact by collecting underwater trash at their favorite dive sites.
Here’s what it’s all about:
From now till August 1st 2011, divers anywhere in the world can participate in the scavenger hunt for a chance to win:
* The ultimate Scubapro Diver Duffle Bag packed with fins, mask, snorkel, boots and gloves from Scubapro’s new SUB GEAR line, valued at $420.
* The latest IC14 Intova Digital Camera with waterproof housing
* Project AWARE goodie bags
The scavenger hunt kicks-off Project AWARE’s new Dive Against Debris program that asks divers to collect underwater garbage and log that data in a global effort to identify and prevent marine debris issues.
Any diver who logs debris data using Project AWARE’s new online submission form is automatically entered into the scavenger hunt contest.
Here’s a 1-minute video that tells the story of the Dive Against Debris program:
There’s more info about the contest here:
- A Fatal Addiction to Plastic – Trashing the Oceans and Our own Health (mantrameds.wordpress.com)
- A Fatal Addiction to Plastic – Trashing the Oceans and Our own Health (stephenleahy.net)