TransLink will be holding an open house to learn about the proposed Burnaby Mountain Gondola Transit Project and provide feedback to the planning team.
TransLink is studying the feasibility of a gondola from Production Way – University SkyTrain station to Burnaby Mountain to improve transit reliability and travel times, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The proposed Burnaby Mountain Gondola Transit Project would serve SFU students, faculty and staff, residents and businesses of UniverCity, and visitors.
Two open houses will present the outcomes of the planning study, and solicit community input about the proposed project.
Community Open House 1
Date: Wednesday, May 25th, 2011
Time: 5:00pm – 8:00pm
Presentations: 5:30pm and 7:00pm
Cameron Elementary School (9540 Erickson Drive, Burnaby)
Community Open House 2
Date: Thursday, May 26, 2011
Time: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
5:00pm – 8:00pm
Presentations: 1:30pm, 3:00pm, 5:30pm, and 7:00pm
Location: Saywell Hall Atrium, SFU Burnaby Campus
If you can’t attend an open house but would like to learn about the project and provide input online, between May 24th, 2011 and June 30th, 2011 please visit: bepartoftheplan.ca (http://www.translink.ca/en/Be-Part-of-the-Plan.aspx)
Contact Andrew Brooke at: email@example.com or 604.216.3210 for more information.
- Gondola service pondered for N.W. Calgary (cbc.ca)
- Residents concerned about SFU gondola plan (cbc.ca)
- Calgary explores gondolas for transit users (calgaryherald.com)
- Clark announces $4.7M in funding for Burnaby Mountain biomass project (theprovince.com)
- City of Burnaby named first Blue Community in Canada (thegreenpages.ca)