The Calgary Alternative Transportation Co-operative is a member-owned democratic co-operative, created to promote, develop and operate transportation alternatives in Calgary, Alberta. It is best known for its carsharing initiative, which facilitates the shared use of cars by neighbours in Calgary communities. CATCO members have also volunteered their time to the development of a bicycle refurbishing centre, a bicycle trailer rental and a carpool lot on Sarcee Trail & TransCanada Highway.
CATCO is a member-owned democratic co-operative, incorporated to
promote, develop and operate transportation alternatives in Calgary.
Our purpose is to:
- Promote and encourage the use of more sustainable modes of transportation
- Develop and operate a car sharing co-operative
- Assist members is developing alternative transportation methods
- Develop educational strategies focusing on more sustainable transportation
- Develop opportunities for lobbying on issues affecting transportation
Visit the web site: http://www.catco-op.org