Downtown West Community Cleanup – Sunday, May 1st
Calgary London Drugs locations are celebrating an impressive 93.1% waste diversion rate for 2015.
In a continued effort to extend our waste diversion efforts beyond our stores and into the communities we serve, we are once again partnering with the Downtown West Community Association for their annual Community Cleanup. This event encourages community residents to responsibly recycle household items and helps divert waste from Calgary’s landfills.
Date: Sunday, May 1st
Time: 9am – 2pm
Location: Kerby Center (1133 7 Ave SW, Calgary, AB)
Items Being Accepted / Services Being Offered:
City of Calgary will be accepting organic waste and household waste items at the end of their usable life that cannot be recycled and do not fit in at home waste and recycling carts.
GEEP will be accepting electrical and electronic goods (TVs, VCRs, computers, monitors, printers, small appliances, etc.). Note: Large appliances are not accepted.
Kidseat Recyclers will be accepting used and expired car seats. Note: There is a mandatory recycling levy of $10 per car seat. All fabric must be removed from the seat before drop-off.
Bicycles for Humanity will be accepting bikes of any size and condition.
Neighbour Link will be accepting the following items for donation:
– Furniture: Livingroom, Bedroom, Kitchen, Other
– Household Items: Pots and Pans, Dishes, Cutlery, Cooking utensils, Knife sets, Can opener, Vegetable peeler, Tupperware, Dish Cloths, Dish Towels, Towels, Face cloths, Bathmat, Shower curtain and rings, Sheets, Comforters, Pillows, Baby Items, Car seat 2013 and newer with a signed release form, Stollers, Cribs, Diapers (open packages welcome), Wipes, Formula, New Hygiene items
London Drugs will be at the event to accept the following items for responsible recycling:
– Non food-related Styrofoam
– Plastic and cardboard packaging from our products
– Cell phones, PDA and rechargeable batteries are recycled through Call2Recycle.
– Alkaline Batteries
– Compact Fluorescent Bulbs (CFL’s) and fluorescent light tubes up to 4-foot lengths
– Disposable cameras
– Ink jet cartridges
– Laser cartridges
– Metal film canisters
– Plastic bags
– Pop bottles and cans (BC only)
– Insurance plastic folders
Note the following items are NOT accepted: tires, home appliances, household chemicals, propane tanks, car batteries, liquids, metals, glass, paint, railway ties