Example Dream Job Post @ Your Company
EXAMPLE ONLY: This is what your job post on thegreenpages.ca network could look like….
About Your Company
(Your Company), the global conservation organization, is one of the World’s largest and most respected independent conservation organizations. (Your Company) has a global network active in over 50 countries with almost 3 million supporters.
(Your Company’s) mission is to stop the degradation of the earth’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature, by conserving the world’s biological diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable, and promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption. (We really like this mission statement from WWF)
The Example Dream Job Position envisions the development of a global spatial plan for global use within 3 years. The successful candidate will help to develop a management plan, working for (your company) and partners to assemble and analyze spatial data to support management decisions for sustainable use.
- In collaboration with colleagues, identify and develop cross-border linkages with marine spatial planning and related oceans management processes
- Support the …. appropriate in developing a framework and identifying associated information needs.
- Drawing on experts and other consultants, coordinate and contribute to the work of defining and mapping priority areas for conservation and development, both known and predicted, based on agreed criteria and data, and relevant experiences elsewhere in the world, and taking into account the ongoing need to address potential impacts of climate change.
- Develop effective working relationships with key officials ….. as well as other stakeholders …. and identify key opportunities ….. to assist and engage regarding integrated management in the region.
- Reach out to local communities, including by attending and representing (Your Company) at public meetings and events
- Provide input to the strategic direction , as well as annual work plans and budgets, fundraising proposals and donor stewardship.
- University degree and at least two years professional experience, or equivalent combination of education and employment, with practical experience directly relevant to the position
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, including ability to convey technical or complex subject matter in plain language
- Previous experience providing technical support to an agency or multi-stakeholder setting, ideally related to planning resource use and conservation zones
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with diverse partners in project design and management
- Familiar with conservation planning concepts, spatial analysis and GIS software; a capability to learn and understand the application of relevant concepts and tools
- Capable of taking periodic direction and working with minimal supervision, organizing his/her time and effort to accomplish goals, working with multiple stakeholders.
- Bilingual English/Inuktitut is an asset.
This is a two year, full-time position, based in (Your Company location), with some travel required and the opportunity for renewal.
How To Apply:
Excited about this opportunity because you want to join (Your Company), the world’s most active global environmental organization? Do you think you are the ideal candidate for this position?
A resume and cover letter referencing position XXXX, as well as salary expectations and your reasons for applying, should be emailed to (Your company email). They can also be directed to Human Resources at (Your Company Address), by February 31, 2001.
A direct link to the job posting is available here (include URL link to job posting on your web site).
No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest however we may contact only those candidates selected for interviews.